Friday, May 16, 2008

Profit and Loss

By many measures, my portfolio is a risky one. My relatively small investment fund means that I can't reasonably hold enough securities to have a truly diversified portfolio. Of the stocks that I do hold, 2 of the three are young companies with no history of profit. And I have been seeing some decline in both of them.

But good news on that front. One of my largest holdings, First Majestic Silver Corp (TSX:FR) reported its first quarter earnings today. One million dollars.

The price reaction seems positive so far, finally breaking through the 4.22 resistance where it has been peaking lately. This also means that my performance since I started this blog has moved into positive territory by about $200 (representing a 2% gain). Time will tell whether it can maintain this momentum, but I now feel like my confidence that this company would rebound was well placed.

No comments: